While the budget has delivered funds for many projects in Paddington Ward over the coming year, I’ve provided some further highlights below.
If you’re interested, the full 18/19 Budget book is available here.
- Completion of outdoor cinema in E.E. McCaskie Park
- Funding for community festivals and events, including Tartan Day, the Royal Queensland Art Society, Milton Community Festival, Fair on the Green, National Archaeology Week, Rainbow Festival, Toowong Hands and Hearts Fair and Rotary Opera in the Gardens
- Movies in the Park for Christmas 2018
- Barbeque upgrade at Neal Macrossan Park
- New shade sail over the playground at Norman Buchan Park
- Upgrading the Dog Off Leash Areas at Gilbert and Milton Parks
- Resurfacing of local streets, including: Dowling St, Hope St, Knowles St, Penrose St, Ridley St, Burnham Rd, Harwood St, Crescent Rd, Tait St, Copeland St, Croydon Rd, Daintree St, Given Tce, Howard St, Mort St, Pitt St, Cathie St, Menzies St, Sexton St, Sheriff St, Abraham St, Edith Tce, Jay St, Mornington St, Old Mount Coot-tha Rd